Conference Scale, Fee Structure and Policy:
Our intention is that Making Futures functions as a critically intensive, but extremely personable, and supportive, two-day convention of interested subjects. To achieve this the vast majority of Making Futures delegates are also presenters, and we eschew industrial conference numbers and limit delegates places to no more than 120, with priority going to presenters. A limited number of non-presenter delegate tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis and registration will close as soon as all places have been allocated.
Making Futures is a not-for-profit venture and all receipts go to covering essential external costs associated with mounting the initiative. Nonetheless, we are pleased to announce that for this edition we have been able to make significant reductions to ticket prices – see below:
Costs of tickets for the 2019 conference are as follows:
- Standard Two-Day Ticket: £160 (was £290)
- Subsidised Two-Day Ticket: £90 (was £210), available to students and the unemployed, subject to proof of status. (Note: in order to cover our costs, we are only able to release a limited number of subsidised tickets, on a first come, first serve basis)
- Evening Conference Meal
- Performance by Lisa Simpson playing the Singer sewing machine
The conference meal provides a unique opportunity to get to know and share interests with colleagues, and we typically have a very good turnout for this event. We have kept the conference meal price low, and strongly encourage all delegates to join us for an enjoyable and relaxing time to meet and share experiences with other delegates. The meal itself will be followed with an open bar and performance by Lisa Simpson playing the Singer sewing machine while up-cycling materials.
Securing tickets: Delegate-Presenters who have had their Abstracts accepted:
- Accepted delegate presenters will have have been sent information on the conference with a link to the Delegate-Speakers Eventbrite Registration page.
Securing tickets: members of the public who would like to attend, listen and help debate the issues:
- A limited number of public tickets are now available on a first come first serve basis via the Evenbrite link here
PLEASE NOTE: You must print off your ticket confirmation and bring it with you to the conference.